Monday, July 21, 2014

My 1st day sewing in the Kid's Clothing Week challenge

Today, i chose to use this fabric pictured below.  I felt it looked like the dogs were hand drawn and painted by children.  I paired it with the stripe fabric, but in the end added a white dotted brown fabric for more accent:
Next i chose a Pattern from Oliver+s as my base pattern called School Photo dress. Meaning that i used parts of the pattern to achieve my look based on the body type of my granddaughter.  I used the bodice front, sleeves, cuffs and collar.  Then i folded the back top of the pattern to achieve the same look in the back.  I had to use the under arm sections to the pattern but extended them by 11" so that i could gather the "skirt" part of the dress instead of doing the sections.  This also eliminated the need for the pocket.
Next i stitched up the dress using a size 7, i felt it lacked something besides the dotted fabric so...
I decided to add these awesome wooden buttons to the seam line of the bodice/skirt front.
ta da..done for the day..on to planning for day 2!  I will also have accessories to go with the dress to share too!



No comments:

Post a Comment