Monday, July 14, 2014

I am getting excited about the upcoming Kid's Clothes Week July 21-27

I wanted to get some posts up with some Kid's Art i've done in the past seeing as next week i will be participating in the Kid's Clothes Week with the emphasis on "Kids Art".

My granddaughter drew this picture of Rapunzel and i interpreted it on a shirt for her by paper piecing and hand-stitching around the image to highlight it. 

What we did is she drew it with a pencil and i traced around it with fabric crayons (so that the image would be correct as she drew it when i ironed it on the shirt).

Then i cut the pieces out and traced around them onto heat and bond and cut and pieced them on the "sketch". 

I need to interpret for you..the yellow is Rapunzel's hair..i added the flowers to the shirt because the crayon tends to "shed".  I added the yellow hair to the top, and buttons for her eyes!
Here is the artist wearing her shirt.  She was 4 when she designed this. 

Designed by Sadie age 4..first on her Doodle board then on paper. :)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Sadie is so cute! And an Artist too! I love her shirt, you did such a wonderful job on this Bonnie! I love it! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie..i hope to have a lot to share this week and from now on!

      Delete