Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day two for Kid's Clothing week, theme is Kid's Art

Today, i made this dress for my granddaughter.  When i told her mom (my daughter) i was making some dresses/clothing for her this week, i was wondering if Sadie would draw something for me..  She did, and i will use it on another outfit this week but for now i am using something she wrote.  My daughter scanned what she wrote and i enlarged it to fit on a pocket, and then i traced it and embroidered it onto the pocket.

Here is the fabric i bought because of what Sadie wrote and because i thought it went with the Kid's Art theme.

This is the pattern i chose to make her dress with.  I did alter it slightly.  The dotted ruffle according to the pattern is suppose to be just half of the front and it was supposed to be top-stitched raw and you were suppose to ravel it.  That is sooo hard for me to have raw edges..so i made the ruffle go all the way around and i sewed it into the seam..no raw edges.


Here is the finished dress:
Here is the pocket with Sadie's writing:
Here is a close up of the bodice:

My Granddaughter wearing this dress:


Thanks for looking...it was a great day sewing..now on to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment